Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Space Allocation Meeting Coverage Begins Thursday, 9 a.m.

For the fourth consecutive year I'll be live-blogging IAAPA Space Allocation, where booths for this year's IAAPA Attractions Expo in Orlando are assigned.

If you've followed along in previous years, you probably have an idea for what's coming: My job is to be a fly on the wall while the Space Allocation Committee shapes the show floor. You can keep refreshing the blog to get updates on the committee's progress, as well as a sense for how the process works and what it's like to put together the industry's biggest exhibition.

Kevin Rohwer, vice president of sales and marketing for S&S Worldwide, is new to the committee this year, so I asked him what he thinks about the whole process as he's getting ready to join us in Virginia for the two-day event:


"I’m excited that I was asked to be a part of the Space Allocation Committee. I have always enjoyed my interaction with IAAPA, and this will be my 15th consecutive showing at IAAPA Attractions Expo. I’ve been a recipient of good from IAAPA and I’m honored to give back to IAAPA in whatever form my energy and experience can provide. To be trusted by IAAPA and my peers is an honor—one I will not take lightly. What makes IAAPA great is that there are those willing to give of their time and talents in hopes of making our industry, better."


This year I'll be doing double duty, providing Twitter updates, as well, so whichever version you're more comfortable with, you'll never be lacking for updates on how the meeting is going. At the same time, I'd recommend keeping an eye on the interactive online floor plan. This site is updated in real time so you can see how the floor is taking shape as your time for placement comes up.

If you have any questions about the process, e-mail my colleagues on the IAAPA Exhibit Sales Team at exhibitsales@IAAPA.org; if you have any comments/suggestions for what you'd like to read about during the meeting, e-mail me at jschoolfield@IAAPA.org.

See you Thursday!

No comments: