Thursday, July 17, 2008

ADA Hearing Follow-up

On Tuesday, IAAPA FEC Committee Chair Tim Sorge and I participated in a public hearing on the new ADA regulations. I spoke about amusement facilities in the morning and Tim spoke about miniature golf facilities in the afternoon. Overall, I think we represented IAAPA's members well (if I do say so myself).

We were able to hear many diverse viewpoints during the day. Witnesses ranged from large trade associations, such as IAAPA and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, to individuals who saw the sign on the street and came in. The proceedings were webcast live, but if you would like to see them again, you can visit the ADA website. (The site is having some technical difficulties right now, but when it's up and running again I will post the times we speak so you don't have to watch eight hours of feed.)

Having the hearing under our belts, we are now working on the written public comments, which we will submit to the Department of Justice before the Aug. 17 deadline. We hope IAAPA members will take time to review the proposed regulations and submit comments both to IAAPA and DOJ. To participate in this process, please visit the IAAPA ADA information web page or send me an e-mail.

1 comment:

Chad Emerson said...

Very nice work, Stephanie and team. I've posted an entry on my BlooLoop.com column this week about the comment period. Hopefully it will generate some additional input. Thanks for all you do. Chad.