Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First Week on the Job

Meet Colleen Mangone, our new media relations manager, who started Monday:

I'm excited to be on board at IAAPA. Everyone has been very welcoming and I look forward to working with each of you. After eight-plus years in politics, I decided to trade in the Federal Election Committee for Family Entertainment Centers, and opted for the roller coasters at amusement parks rather then the ups and downs of Capitol Hill. Basically, my job is to help pitch positive news stories about the industry to press.



Like so many of my colleagues, I've been going to attractions in the industry my whole life. I was too little to remember my first trip to an amusement park, but I recently traveled back to Orlando for a birthday celebration that took me to Universal, Discovery Cove, and Walt Disney World, giving me fantastic memories. As a child living in the D.C. area, I remember fondly when Wild World, now Six Flags America in Largo, Maryland, opened its doors … the wave pool was where I spent most of my time!


Thanks again for the warm welcome. Less than three days in, I'm already looking forward to seeing everyone at IAAPA Attractions Expo in Vegas!

No comments: