In January we commissioned a readers' survey for FUNWORLD; we recently received the results and I want to share them with you.
One of the biggest things we learned was how much our readers pass FUNWORLD around within their respective companies (we always thought this happened, but it's nice to have confirmation). On average, one of our issues gets passed to two people, which makes our circulation approximately 29,000 per month.
Here are some other juicy tidbits from the survey:
• FUNWORLD reaches a high-level audience. Nearly half (49%) of subscribers describe
their job title/function as executive management, and an additional 34% are in
• Subscribers are influential within their organizations. Nearly nine in 10 (88%) have
purchasing involvement for products and services within their organizations,
including three in five (60%) at the highest level of involvement—approving/
• Subscribers are engaged with FUNWORLD. The typical recipient has read or looked
through all four of the last four issues and spends 45 minutes with a typical issue. The
vast majority (96%) at least skim a typical issue, including more than three in five (61%) who
read about half or more of a typical issue.
• Issues are retained. About three in five (58%) save their issues.
• FUNWORLD prompts subscribers to take action. In the last 12 months, 85% of
subscribers have taken at least one action as a result of reading articles or columns and
68% as a result of reading advertisements.
So we have thanks to hand out on several fronts here: Thank you to our loyal readers, thank you to our loyal advertisers who already recognize the value of our magazine, and thanks to those of you who took the time to respond to the survey. We're glad so many people find value in our work and are excited to keep improving the magazine.